Misanthropster: An Army of One

Those I revile today are...

13 September, 2006

people who fuck up my paycheck

Argh. So the place that I work for, neatly halved my fucking paycheck today. Yeah. HALVED.

Of course, this happens when money is already really fuckin tight, and we were counting on getting, oh, my FULL paycheck to help pay bills and stuff. Sheeeeeeeeeeeit.

However, this is our once annual financial disaster time. Every single fucking year, right before my husband's birthday, we have some sort of monster fiscal fuckup that negatively affects us. Seriously. For the last four years something major has happened to us that makes us very very poor right on my husband's birthday.

This year, I suppose it's relatively minor. We're just $200 overdrawn on our checking account and my paycheck is only going to be half of what it should have been.

At least it's not like last year where we were like $800 in the hole, and I was 12 months pregnant (or at least felt that way).

So I call my mother (who deserves an entire blog in and of herself) and whine, because that's what daughters are supposed to do when things really really suck, and she's just absofuckinlutely wretched. You'd think that after 30 years of dealing with my mother, I'd figure out that she's the LAST person I should call when I'm having any problems, but no, hope STILL springs eternal and I think, "maybe this time..."

Not.

Yeah, she spent the entire time bitching to be about how it was my fault that I invited here to spend my daughter's first birthday here and why should she have to fly because they won't let her on the plane with her boobie prosthetic because the last time she flew she had to whip it out and let some random airport employee inspect it before they allowed her on the plane and that was totally traumatic (moreso for the poor airport employee, I imagine) and why should she want to fly when she knows its going to be awful...

her helpful advice was to berate me for not marrying rich.

thanks mom, and thanks stupid workplace... it's been a great day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mother usually just says, "you complain too much," and leaves it at that. It's less than helpful. ;)

3:24 PM  
Blogger misanthropster said...

mothers are great for that kind of shit, aren't they?

I can't wait to be completely unhelpful to my daughter.

I'm also saving up some serious cash for therapy for her. :)

12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, you really should know better. Next time, call me.

Why was your paycheck wrong?

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home