Misanthropster: An Army of One

Those I revile today are...

11 July, 2006

people who run the salem fair

Ok. Part-two of the salem fair post.

I have two subjects to address here.

The first is this:

There was a booth, tucked away into the "food court" area of the fair (basically the pre-puking your guts out staging area) which advertised "The World's Smallest Woman" and had a tiny little house sitting in it. It also said "$10,000 if you could find somebody smaller" "Just 22 inches tall" "Fits in her son's hand" etc.

Thinking that it was a hoax, or an optical illusion, my husband ponied up the fifty cents to walk through and see this woman. When he came around to the back, he found a black midget in her 60s, sitting in what appeared to be the perfect miniature living room, watching the news. She looked over at him and said "My name is Gloria, I'm 22 inches tall and 65 years old." There was a coffee can for tips and a sign saying that she will not dance for you, but she will take photos with you for a dollar.

While I was waiting outside, I noticed a smaller sign stating that this was the "West Indies Cultural Exhibition"

WHAT???????



Secondly, my husband got injured on a ride.

You know those haunted mine shaft or haunted house "rides" that are huge at various different amusment parks and carnivals? Well, he decided to ride theirs, which was the "Lost MIne."

Everything on the ride was broken, and just before the ride ended, he got whacked by a skull duct taped onto a stick poking out of the wall. And bruised VERY badly, I might add.

Were we the litigious types, we might be owning the Salem fair...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home