Misanthropster: An Army of One

Those I revile today are...

14 November, 2006

people who... well... just people

I'm tired of working as part of a "team" in the main focus of the individual members of the "team" is their own personal gain and they could give a shit about anything other than their own greed.

I'm tired of being the team leader.

I'm tired of fucking prima donnas who have absolutely no right to be prima donnas.

I'm tired of dealing with customers.

I'm tired of working in jobs that keep me entertained for about a year before I get really good at them and then they lose all interest or challenge for me.

I'm tired of dealing with people who feel like it's necessary to degrade others to make themselves feel better.

I'm tired of living in this area.

Blah.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As your self-appointed employment consultant I recommend the following:

A. Quit your current job
B. Never work in retail again, the problem will be the same wherever you go.
C. Make sure you have massive amounts of quality sex with your husband so he will be putty in your hands as you tell him of your plans to leave your job, and then move the family away from the area. This is an excellent time to introduce new routines that should be well received, and you will also feel better too.

D. Plan now for a Spring move.

3:18 AM  
Blogger Crankster said...

What he said.

Ahem.

(CEO, the check's in the mail).

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paraphrase from Office Space:

"But I'm the only one who has the fucking social skills to deal with the goddamn customers!"

3:38 PM  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

I reached that exact point about a year ago. It's been good. Somehow the bills get paid, and I interact with people on my own terms. I avoid the many who need to degrade others out of insecurity, and I love where I live. (After trying most of the others.)

An ancient sage said, "If I am not for me, who, then, will be for me?"

Work occupies too large a percentage of our lives to tolerate when it's unsatisfying. Set your direction and if it's right, the Red Sea will part for you. Really.

Good luck. You deserve the best of everything.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home