Misanthropster: An Army of One

Those I revile today are...

26 October, 2006

people who think that just because they're old, they can be assholes

1. Driving rules do actually apply to you. No, really, they do.

2. Age doesn't mean that you can cut in line. Or alternatively, use your shopping cart at the grocery store to shove somebody out of your way because you want to go first. Even if that person happens to be holding a very small child and ONE FUCKING ITEM and your cart is full to the point of over-flowing. Asshat. Bitch, you better believe that I can take your ass out. Somebody was CRUISING for a total hip replacement today...

3. Age doesn't mean that you're any smarter than the rest of the planet. Or wiser. I'm sure I've posted about this one already, but, honey, your third grade education acquired in Bumpass (a real town), VA in 1920 doesn't make you any better than the rest of us. Nor does your 200 years of life experience. It just means that you're old.

4. An equation: The value of a person as they age has a one-to-one correspondence with the amount of effort and energy they put into the world around them. That applies to people from about age 18 to death. (I'll give people younger than 18 a free pass to be total non-productive dipshits. I mean, we have to do it sometimes, right?)

5. Age does not mean that everybody around you will automatically be polite no matter what. If you're an asshole to me, then guess what? I sure as hell am not going to be pleasant to you.



Yeah, I've come to the conclusion, that despite my hopes for people actually getting over themselves by the time they reach a decent age (say, 70), I still despise elderly people with the same ratio that I hate everybody else.

One in a few are cool. The rest can lick my balls.

6 Comments:

Blogger mist1 said...

I love old people. They can say what ever they want and crap in their pants and nobody minds. You try that and see how people react.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"One in a few are cool. The rest can lick my balls."

Were you just trying to see who read to the end? Eww!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Crankster said...

I was in Barnes and Noble the other day and an old lady cut in line in front of me. I am working up a serious head of anger about all the octegenarian spaghetti-faces who feel like they own the world. I'm starting to believe Billy Joel. Maybe the good really do die young.

7:46 PM  
Blogger misanthropster said...

mist1:

Have you ever been around an old person who has crapped in their pants? Yeah. EVERYBODY around them minds... ew. you should come work in retail with me for a couple of days down here in the fastest growing retirement area in the south... feh.

Freddo:

yes, and I was channeling Cartman.

Crankster:

Yeah, but what does that make us?

heh.

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The good Lord demands that army-of-one make peace with oldies! ;)

2:14 PM  
Blogger misanthropster said...

The good lord will change his mind when he has to deal with these assholes in a year or two.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home