Misanthropster: An Army of One

Those I revile today are...

01 July, 2006

people who make women's clothing

I don't even know where to start with this one...

Ok. So the only time I could walk into a store and find something that looked cute the minute I tried it on was when I was a size two.

Needless to say, post-baby, I am NOT a size two.

I spent a couple of hours yesterday trying on clothing. My boobs are bigger than average right now (post-baby). Normally I'm a size 12. From the waist down right now, I am still a 12. So I try on size 12 shirts. Ha! No way. So I get 14s. Nope, no dice. Still won't fit over the boobages. So I get a 16. I look like I'm wearing a fuckin mumu. Or am still pregnant. Lovely. Not the look I'm going for. I noticed that the clothing manufacturers cut the size 14s and 16s in exactly the same way that they cut their size 2s. Now, call me crazy, but the last time I looked, somebody who is a size 14 is shaped a little bit differently from somebody who is a size 2.

After shopping trips to multiple different stores, I was about ready to kill somebody. I went to Lane Bryant thinking that maybe, just maybe, they'd have something I could wear. Nope. Tried on just about every single damn shirt in the place. Most of them dwarfed me. Apparently size 14 in their world is totally different from size 14 in the rest of the world. One top actually made me look flat. ME! I have bodacious tatas. What the hell?????

On the plus side (no pun intended), Lane Bryant's clothing seemed to actually take into account the different curvature of women with a bit more meat on their bones. It just seems that I don't have enough meat on mine to justify buying their clothing. First time in my life that I was a little disappointed that I wasn't bigger, because they have some seriously cute stuff.

Thank god for Maurices. They're having a big clearance sale. Now I didn't want to go in there because it didn't look like they had very grown up clothing, but they do have some cute stuff. And, all their larger sizes fit my chest. Which is amazing. I could actually wear their stuff. And it was on clearance. And I look slightly more in style than I did yesterday because I'm not wearing clothing that's two years out of date. And I don't feel like a cow. This is a plus.

Yeah. So I kinda want to
1. Torch all the women's clothing manufacturers.
2. Start my own damn clothing line.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting... roughly 48 hours of conentment in a row. A new record?

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home